Tomatoes For Skin Care:
In our day to day life due to jobs, works we are not taking care of our health, skin, hair etc. Most of us working in a polluted or dusted environment which affects our skin badly. Skin care is very important and it also relates to our personal and mental behavior.
So nowadays we are running to buy all types of creams, solutions to look at style and beauty. these will give good skin but home remedies are more effective. Our kitchen products itself will act as a medicine, moisturizer, healers and beauty products too.
In that tomatoes plays a vital role in skin care. It treats all kind of skin problems. Let’s discuss its benefits as follows,
Benefits of tomatoes in skin care:
- Shrinks Open pores
- Oil-free skin
- Instant Glow
- Detan your skin
- Remove blackheads
- Acne free skin
How to use tomatoes for skin care :
Here are some wonderful tomato-based recipes that could be used to treat skin and so effectively!
- Not only tomatoes are excellent to reduce oiliness, they also help keep the skin cleaner and tighter.
- Rub raw tomatoes all over the skin and leave on for five minutes before you wash off.
Shrinks Open Pores:
- Tomatoes help reduce open pores and blackheads. Just cut a tomato in half and rub all over the skin, letting the juice saturate into the pores.
- Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off.
- Not only do tomatoes act as an astringent but also help wake up the dullest of skins. Mix the pulp of one tomato with 2 tablespoons of fuller's earth and add 1 tablespoon fresh mint paste.
- Apply to clean skin until it is dry and watch the magic.
- Not only will your skin be lighter but will also feel refreshed and taut.
De-tan your Skin:
- Tomatoes are great for reducing summer tanning. Mash a tomato and mix its pulp with a teaspoon of honey and massage on the skin.
- Not only will this help reduce tan but also naturally reduce dryness caused by the strong UV rays of the sun.
- Leave this on for a minimum of 15 minutes before washing off with cold water.
- Loaded with Vitamin C and A, not only does tomato give the skin a fresher and fairer look, but it helps reduce effects of sunburn as well.
- Mix tomato juice with some buttermilk and apply to the skin allowing it to soak in the coolness of this magic concoction.
- Even if you have sunburn rashes, it will soothe the skin, reduce heat on the skin's surface and also even out the redness caused by sunburn.
Tomato Skin Toner:
- When it comes to skincare, most people do not realize the importance of a toner. Believe me, it is more than essential.
- Not only does it keep your skin supple and soft but also naturally hydrates it giving it a natural sheen. Take the juice of 1 cucumber and 1 tomato and strain well into an air-tight spray bottle.
- Spritz this tomato toner on your skin whenever you are coming from outdoors and let it soak up the natural lycopene present in the vegetable that make your skin youthful in minutes. This toner can be kept in the fridge for up to four days without going bad.
Tomato Sugar Scrub:
- Blend two whole lemons with peels along with two cubes of ice, 20 mint leaves, and 2 tomatoes in a blender. Now take five tablespoons of sugar and mix well into this concoction.
- Use this to scrub onto the face, neck, and hands until the sugar granules have melted.
- This power-packed tomato sugar scrub can be used to exfoliate, cleanse, de-tan and nourish the skin naturally. Use it twice a week for better results.
Packs and masks using tomatoes
- Lemon Juice and Tomato is a perfect cure for suntanned areas on the skin. Mix tomato pulp with few drops of lemon juice and apply it on the affected area and leave it to dry. Wash with cold water.
- Cucumber and Tomato Mask is found to be effective in fading the tanned skin. Mix the juices of tomato and cucumber and apply on tanned areas. Leave it to dry and then wash with cold water.
- Buttermilk and tomato juice applied together to make a perfect home remedy to cure sunburnt skin. It helps in cooling the skin and giving it a glow.
- Honey and Tomato juice this mask is considered to give a fairer tone to the skin and making it look bright and glowing.
- Potato and tomato skin mask for tan - To get rid of suntan quickly a mask made with tomato and potato extracts can be very effective. Take a potato and grate it. Squeeze out the juice. Take a tomato and collect the juice following the same way.
- Mix the two in 1:1 proportion and then use it to massage lightly onto your face or the suntan affected area of the skin. After you have applied one layer, let it sink into the skin and then apply another layer. Continue layering for 4-5 times and then finally let it get dry completely before removing with a wet washcloth.
Note: While tomato is generally safe for application on the skin and can give really great results, it might not be very suitable for some skin types. So, if you are using tomato in your skincare for the first time, it is only wise to opt for a patch test first before using it on a wider area of your face.
Use it in your daily skin care to treat your skin and use in your cooking to give maximum health care benefits as you may well know that tomatoes are great for lowering blood pressure, preventing clots and lowering cholesterol. They are great for healthy bones and teeth and help reduce cell damage and tissue damage. Apart from this, tomato seeds help improve eyesight as well.
So bring tomatoes to your rescue and use them efficiently in your skincare regime. Start right away and see the magical effects on your skin in no time at all.